Technical University of Norway
The Norwegian Institute of Technology, known by its Norwegian acronym NTH (Norges Tekniske Høgskole) is a science institute in Trondheim, Norway. It was established in 1910, and existed as an independent technical university for 85 years, after which it was merged into NTNU (1996). NTH was primarily a polytechnic institute, educating master level engineers as well as architects.
In 1992 NTH had 7627 master and doctoral students and 1591 employees; it graduated 1262 chartered engineers (master level), 52 chartered architects, and 92 Dr.Ing. (Ph.D.). The operating budget was equivalent to USD 100 M, and the total premises amounted to around 260,000 m² (64 acres).
Since the merger, it forms a part of the University commonly known as Gløshaugen, after the geographical area in which it is situated.
The Main building was under construction in 1908.
The Campus in 1959