WikiStrinda er Strinda historielags leksikon over historiske personer, begivenheter og bilder i tidligere Strinda kommune og Trondheim kommune, samt områder påvirket av trøndere. WikiStrinda inneholder også artikler av nasjonal interesse, spesielt knyttet til emigrasjon fra Trøndelag.
WikiStrinda er også på Facebook, besøk oss her.
Barken Neptunus bygget 1847 i Vegesack, Tyskland for C. B. Pauss & H. Houen, Skien. Neptunus seilte med emigranter fra Trondheim til Quebec i Canada i 1866, 1867, 1868 og 1869. Kaptein Herman Ludvigsen fra Trondheim var kaptein.
The ship Neptunus was built in 1847 at Vegesack, Germany. She had a tonnage of 645 gross tons, 631 net. The Neptunus sailed with emigrants from Trondheim in 1866, 1867, 1868 and 1869. However, she was not a Trondheim owned ship, but belonged to Hans Houen of Skien. Her master on all of the voyages was Captain Hermann Ludvigsen of Skien. She was wrecked in the Atlantic in 1897.
In 1866 the Neptunus departed from Trondheim May 9th, and arrived at Quebec June 9th. She was sailing in ballast, and was carrying 402 passengers. There were two deaths on the voyage, a woman died of pneumonia, and a child of bronchitis. The ship had a crew of 17, the master included: 1. H. Ludvigsen - Master of ship - age 42
2. Ole Paus Ibsen - shipmate - age 30
3. Johan Christophersen - second mate - age 23
4. Fredrik A. Isaksen - the carpenter - age 36
5. Carl M. Jensen - boatswain - age 37
6. Peder Engstrøen - sailor - age 26
7. Carl Børresen - sailor - age !!
8. Magnus Gustavsen - sailor - age 21
9. Carl Bostrøm - sailor - age 20
10. Emil Bostrøm - sailor - age 24
11. Abraham Efrahimsen - sailor - age 29
12. Johan Wold - ordinary seaman - age 19
13. Hans Johansen - ordinary seaman - age 17
14. John L. Hansen - ordinary seaman - age 19
15. Jens A. Hansen - ordinary seaman - age 18
16. Jacob Ingebrigtsen - the cook - age 42
17. Martinus Frøberg - cabin boy - age 14
In 1867 Neptunus departed from Trondheim May 2nd, and arrived at Quebec June 19th. The ship was inspected before leaving Trondheim, and was found to be in perfect order. It had sufficient supplies of water, food and medicine. On this voyage the Neptunus carried 347 passengers, 124 adult men, 111 adult women, 97 children between the age of 1 -14 and 15 children under 1 year.
Most of the passengers were from Selbu, Aalen, Holtaalen. The passengers on this ship were the first persons to be listed in the Trondheim police emigration protocols. The ship had a crew of 17 included the Captain. Her burden was 303 Norwegian Commercial lasts. In 1869 the ship Neptunus departed from Trondheim May 5th, and arrived at Quebec June 27th. She was sailing in ballast, and was carrying 320 steerage passengers. There was an outbreak of typhus fever and measles. Thirteen passengers were sick as the ship arrived at the quarantine station on Grosse Île. Two passengers had died on the voyage, and one was born. The Neptunus was mastered by Capt. Hermann Ludvigsen, and had a crew of 17.